2 spring roll wrappers per pie.
A small steak (of choice) finely cubed.
1 small onion finely chopped.
1 small tomato finely chopped.
Seasoning of choice.
1 teaspoon tapioca flour.
1 cup water.
*Can be entirely vegetarian, too.
- Soak the spring roll wrappers 2 together in water.
- Grease ramekins.
- Saute meat, onion, tomato until brown, add about 1 cup of water. Let simmer for 10 mins or so, seasoning to taste. Spoon a little of the liquid into a cup and mix with tapioca flour to form a paste, then add to the mix, stirring well.
- Lift wrappers when fully soaked (draining off the water) and place into ramekin like you would with pastry, the extra draping over the outside.
- Fill halfway with meat mixture, then fold spring roll wrapper over the top, over-lapping each fold as you work your way around the circle.
- Bake in moderate oven for approx. 30 mins, make certain you place ramekins on baking tray in case the filling boils over.
- Wait til the ramekins are cool to the touch to remove pies.
- Can be reheated the following day or eaten cold.