Tuesday he bought a container of bikkies from a Large Supermarket Chain, plain with choc chips.
He went a bit aggro and was a bit babbly in speech although it (Thankfully!) didn't last long.
Today he bought another container of the bikkies except it was double chocolate choc chip.
And went to sleep, then very aggro, very babbly and really right off about anything and everything.
After about 40 mins it stopped.
But his ears!
They have always been a barometer of his food allergies and tonight they were glowing bright red, hot to touch and screaming like a fire alarm that he was having a probable reaction.
The flash has actually bleached a lot of the colour out as they are much darker in real life.
He apologised for his behaviour and listened to us when we pointed out his reactions to these bikkies, he listened to us when we read out the ingredient list and was quite surprised to see that colours and flavours were just some of the ingredients listed, along with the usual suspects of wheat and milk.
I reminded him that whenever us mums cook at home none of us reach for the flavours or colours, yet our baked goodies are still yum.
And he agreed that he really needs to be on the GFDF diet.
Small victories but victories nonetheless!
Now for Flg Ya Blog Friday!
- Follow my blog, the Random Ramblings of a SAHM. I never seem to get to reading all the links here. But believe me, I try. Not that any of this is my idea anyway- FYBF is MummyTime's brainbaby, I'm just minding it for a bit.
- Grab B's bubbly button and post it on your sidebar.
- Link your First Name and/or Blog Name and URL of your linked post (not your homepage) below.
- Add a short description (max of 125 chars). It could be a description of yourself, your blog or a teaser to your latest post. But be warned, Mr McLinky List doesn't seem to groove on apostrophes, quotation marks, or other forms of punctuation. Use them at your own risk.
- Follow at least 1 linkyer/blogger (Be nice and spread the love).
- The list will be open for linkyers on Fridays (and for the foreigners Friday as well).
- A new and fresh link list will open every Friday. And you will have to link up AGAIN. The previous link list does not carry over to the following week.
- And lastly, have lotsa fun. I mean it. If I detect anyone not totally loving the awesomeness, I will bump you off the linky list. (Joking) (Kinda).