Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Battle of the Blogger Butts - new challenge, have a go!

Well, I think the above is pretty evident I'm on a weight loss kick.
Again.
Not that I've actually been off a weight loss kick but with so much support and encouragement from other blogging gals I hope to be able to shift some weight and keep it off.
I eat healthy, we all do, but there are times when a day has been just too freaking exhausting or I'm in brain fartage overload and I do the whole comfort food thing.
Cos I can.
Cos when each day slides into the next like Groundhog Day with Aspie teen's anger, fury and, overall, disappointment tainting every.single.thing with bitterness, the whole comfort food thing seems pretty harmless.
Until the scales start screaming in protest and the XXXL clothes are snug and you don't recognise yourself in a shop window...then the whole bitter disappointment thing starts up again and the comfort food seems so innocuous...
With optimism of a brand new year buoying me up I'm hoping to carve some of the beef off this carcass.
Although I'd love to I'm not attending the Aussie Bloggers Conference like most of the others taking on the Battle of the Bloggers Butts (too much hassle with Aspie teen, my vision and Meniere's Syndrome) but I hope I can offer support and encouragement to the other gals embarking on this challenge.
Go check it out HERE, give it a go, heck what have any of us got to lose except some unwanted weight?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! I need to get my butt into gear!!

Nice to meet your blog, pop over to bigwords if you get the chance

River said...

I dto carve too much beef off my carcass, but I'd love to trim the fat a little. Or a lot.
Mmmm, comfort food....
So I won't be shaking your hand at the Conference? Bugger! I was looking forward to meeting you.

River said...

Ummm, that would be "I don't want to..."