Friday, May 28, 2010

Bill Shorten speaks commonsense

When you are bearing the burden of having a disability, or caring for a person with a disability, your ability to fight for anything beyond daily survival is lost.
That one sentence not only proves to me that Bill Shorten has been listening but that it also sums up exactly how I've felt in the past few months, more notably these past few weeks.
We have no idea if this is an emerging mental illness or a manifestation of Aspie teen's autism fuelled by raging testosterone with puberty.
Mental illness or disability - choose your poison cos either way you slice it the system as it stands is screwed.
The rest of the article by Bill Shorten is HERE.

3 comments:

Epskee said...

Aint that the truth!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are able to find some answers soon. I understand this way better than I can talk about in detail here... but I am your homeschooling friend from Missouri on the blogs...

have they medicated for anxiety? Let me tell you something. It made ALL the difference for us. Our child was hospitalized seven times in six months... fighting with the police and you name it. His last stint was nearly two months long.

He is now functional. He is able to speak about his anxiety. He is still autistic... but he is FUNCTIONAL!! I am not scared.

I am super-praying for you. It should be pretty obvious who I am, but am not leaving my name for my son's sake. Leave a comment on one of my old posts with your email and I will not publish it... I'll just say hi in your inbox sometime and check up on how you are from time to time.

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

oh girl...

Thinking of you constantly.