Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Life got in the way

Hi.
It's me, still alive and breathing, which is always a good sign, don't you think?
Well, for Show and Tell today I'm going to bore your socks off with the trials and tribulations we've been through with medical professionals, emergency services, profuse apologies from Those On High in public health facilities and the general crap that's happened here.
On second thoughts...no, I won't.
My beloved Aspie kidlet has been completely frightened by the explosive aggro he's been displaying of late, not to mention how scared we are for him and his future.
It feels like I've spent days in tears from fighting the general lack of Give a Fuck from medical professionals and the overwhelming sense of hopelessness that has immobilised us.
Although that has changed and there's to be action afoot, apparently.
The kid has been granted a WW mark for his latest university subject - withdrawn without academic penalty - which relieved him a great deal as he'd been privately panicking about it.
We are battling to see smiles on his face; we've bent over backwards to remove any and all kinds of pressure from his life and, although circus acrobatics are not my cuppa tea, I'd happily throw myself into them if it would make things better.
The computer has barely been switched on for the past 2 weeks, I haven't had the energy to even look at emails.
I was, and still am, in survival mode.

9 comments:

Deb said...

I'm sorry this is happening to your family. I'm glad things seem to be changing and hope it helps. Hugs.

Lisa said...

Breathing is good. Keep up the good work.

Hope the 'action afoot, apparently' turns into action. And soon.

Madmother said...

I'm here. Breathing deep. Thinking of you.

None said...

*hugs* Big and scary for you all. I hope some way to help is found. Xxx

Valerie Foley said...

Anything you think of that any of us could do to take some weight off... you ask.

Research, letter writing, a place to email your worst fears or a tirade of abuse, a bottle of wine in the post... anything.

The fact that you are aware of this as it is happening, seems to be like a proportion of the battle won. It's a hell of a war though.

We're puffing air into that parachute as you work out where to land.

Lots of metaphors today...

:)

Anonymous said...

Hugs. Sometimes just breathing in and out is all you can manage.

Fen said...

We'll still be around when things calm down for you, just look after yourself girl xo

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hoping your son's issues are relatively settled soon. I know how awful it must be for everyone. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry you're going through this and not getting much support from the medical profession. Hang in there.