Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Ginormous Godzilla-like teen I found at my place...

Right, so when I touched back down to planet earth after the blogging conference I was greeted at the front door by an Aspie teen who I could physically see had grown.
Not that I'd been away and kept imagining him smaller than what he already really was (he's been a few cms taller than me for months now and I'm not allowed to forget it *snort*) but this was noticable.

Wednesday he re-read his football team newsletter and discovered he should have started training 2 weeks previously (minor moment but quickly settled) then....
"You better try on your footy boots to see if they still fit," hubby remarked and I almost choked on my cuppa tea.
Ahuh.
Whistling in the wind with that one, dear.
This kid has had more growth spurts in the past 6-8 months than I've had hot dinners.
No, footy boots too small, so off they trotted to the nearby (thank god) soccer shop where the clod-hoppers didn't break the bank.

Yes, that does say size 14.

Just for argument's sake I got the Aspie teen up against the measuring wall thingie - doesn't every house have one?  (ours is the inside of the kitchen door frame).
Yep, he'd edged upwards a good 5cms since we last measured.

It may or may not have something to do with the tonnes of meals he works his way through every day.....

4 comments:

jazzygal said...

Oh my, he sure is growing! I've an 11 year old (PDD-nos) who is almost as tall as me and getting more grown up by the day. As everyone keeps pointing out!

xx Jazzy

None said...

*gazes into crystal ball and sees* Doorway height renovations throughout the entire house coming up!

Alternately, Aspie teen can learn to duck. ;-)

River said...

What is it with teen boys these days? Kelley's boy is really tall too and my grandson is just 15 and stands 5'9", with a muscly build from sports.

Ro said...

They just suddenly shoot upwards, Jazzygal!

The second option sounds like the better one, Devi lol.

Mine's thereabouts, too, River, maybe a tad taller.